Completed: 27. Go on a West Wing Tour (Carried Over from 2011-2014
Swim with dolphins, go to the top of the Washington Monument, and take a West Wing tour — my longest-held bucket list items. Two of which I knocked out last year.
Thanks to a good friend, I was finally able to tour the West Wing. IT WAS AMAZING.
I’m not bragging when I say the following, I’m just trying to point out the elusiveness of the West Wing, but neither Kris nor I are strangers to the White House. Between the two of us, we’ve been on an official East Wing tour, watched fireworks on the Fourth of July from the lawn a few times, attended the Easter Egg roll, and even played on the White House basketball court. However, the West Wing has managed to escape us for years. It was our unicorn.
There are so many interesting facts about the building and artifacts to see, but the most amazing part of the tour was seeing the Oval Office. I was starstruck. Yes, starstruck over a room.
I felt so overwhelmed by its significance. So much history. So many important people. And like the good journalist, I even sniffed the room. It has a sweet scent to it.
(If you haven’t noticed, were weren’t allowed to take pictures inside the building, so our photos are fairly limited.)
We moved through the rooms accessible to us lowly plebs at a good pace. We saw the West Colonnade, the Cabinet Room, the lobby, the Oval Office, the Press Briefing Room, and the Roosevelt Room.
Even my dull, lifeless hair (getting a cut this week), didn’t prevent me from enjoying this amazing moment near the press room podium.
I’d like to express my gratitude to our friends who have been so great over the past few years helping us complete our bucket list. In this particular instance, it literally started out in a text conversation with my connected friend that went like this, “why haven’t you gone to the West Wing?” To which I said, “I’ve never had the opportunity.” He was all like, “I know someone who might be able to get us a tour.” He coordinated it all, confirmed it was happening, and that was that.
A round of applause for Jason for helping me complete one of my longest-held (if not THE longest-held) goals. Plus, behold our group picture in which Kris and I inadvertently pulled a Beyonce-during-Destiny’s-Child-era level of upstaging.
Edit: In an attempt to help those who are also interested in touring the West Wing, I went on whitehouse.gov to find information for you so you can schedule your own tour or get on some type of waiting list. However, this is what they have to say, no joke:
“Sadly, this tour is reserved for only the most deserving of citizens. For those of you who do not qualify to tour the West Wing, you can at least view the photos below!”
9 thoughts on “Go on a West Wing Tour (Carried Over from 2011-2014”
Truly my inspiration!
You are way too kind. Pure luck in this case!
So is this white female suffering from poor parenting or some kind of debilitating defect that keeps quality white men away from her?
Are you aware that —
1) Blacks average 15 points lower in IQ than whites? Psychologists call it the black/white IQ gap.
2) Are you aware that mulatto children have IQs intermediate between the black and white average?
3) Blacks are 13% of the US population but commit over 50% of all murders?
4) Blacks commit over 40% of all hate crimes?
5) Blacks commit very nearly all interracial rapes totaling 50% of all rapes committed by blacks, but 0% average interracial rapes are committed by whites against blacks?
6) Blacks have 20x the rate of AIDS of white people?
7) Blacks have 18x the rate of gonorrhea of white people?
8) Blacks have 11x the rate of syphilis and chlamydia of white people?
9) 72% of black children are born out of wedlock?
10) Blacks commit 7x the rate of murder of whites?
11) Blacks commit 1/3 of all rapes in total?
12) Blacks commit the largest percentage of crimes classified as white collar?
13) A study tracking several interracial marriage studies called “Interracial Marriage and Marital Instability” on the US Census website shows that mixed marriages have much higher divorce rates and less longevity?
14) That mixed-race kids are less likely to be able to have organ transplants due to their genetic incompatibility with most of the rest of society?
15) That mixed-race children are more likely to have adolescent substance abuse problems tied to identity issues?
16) That blacks commit the highest per capita percentage of both gang rapes and serial murders?
17) That blacks commit several times their portion of the population in any and all crimes involving theft, including robberies?
18) That 50% of blacks have herpes (down from 70% in previous decades)?
19) Most interracial murder is black on white?
20) Marriages in which two people are most like each other – INCLUDING in their background and culture are more likely to last?
21) That white women with black men are looked down on as either idiots or drug-addled sluts and field mattresses?
There was good reason interracial marriage was outlawed. If preserving human diversity, respecting one’s heritage and culture, and sparing mixed children from identity and health problems isn’t enough, then the above facts certainly should be.
Assuming you have any brains in your head and didn’t fall into the “equality” myth crowd as seen on TV, that is.
Some of us are herd animals and some of us are not.
Oh and if you have any spine whatsoever, you’ll post my comment for everyone to see and respond in an intelligent manner dealing with facts.
But facts aren’t your friends, are they?
Ah shit I forgot one. I am SO sorry…
Did you know that 90% of prison rape is white on black AND is racially motivated according to several decades of nationwide studies?’
Of course you didn’t — it wasn’t on MSNBC.
90% black on white that is. “Get back” as the studies quoted perpetrators as saying.
Well, aren’t you the charmer!😻
Thank you for coming to our blog and leaving this comment!
Ahhhhhhh so good to see ignorance and racism alive!!! And if you had a spine fishy fish you wouldn’t spew hate from behind a computer. Go spread your stupidity elsewhere.
It’s always entertaining, so at least there’s that!