I couldn’t complete this goal without my mom, who adores flowers. So, I asked her to come with me as a Mother’s Day/Birthday combo outing bonanza.
My mom, Rosmari, with Rosemary:
A few things we learned/experienced at the U.S. Botanical Garden:
- It’s free.
- I asked the security officer where the bathroom was, he said, “go passed the jungle to the right.” Made us laugh.
- The cactus area was the coolest. There were all types of funky plants I never knew existed.
- Their carnivorous plant exhibit was great. I’m so intrigued by these plants. I was excited to see the pitcher plant, which I’ve always wanted to see since I first watched Planet Earth.
- I wish there was more information about the medicinal plants.
- I saw a cocoa and papaya plant for the first time.
Random picture – cheese doodle-looking cactus: